An accomplished and dynamic graduate software engineer with a track record leading and delivering innovative hardware and software development projects for clients across sectors. Possesses demonstrable experience taking projects from idea to proposal while utilising extensive technical knowledge to undertake and deliver projects. Successfully worked with major financial services clients, delivered innovative solutions compliant with regulatory obligations, and achieved client requirements.
Adopts a pro-active approach to building technical knowledge and providing an exceptional service through technical support and training. Utilises strong interpersonal and communication skills to build long term relationships with clients and colleagues and collaboratively works within project teams.
DevOps, Software & Cloud Engineer.
- Website: www.calluminglis.com
- Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Bachelors Degree (First Class Honours) in Computer Science
University of Strathclyde (2022)
From an early age, my fascination with technology was sparked when I first experimented with a Raspberry Pi at the age of 12. Since then, my passion for all things Tech has only grown, and I have developed a keen interest in integrating hardware and software to create tangible and fully functional products.
Beyond my professional endeavors, I indulge in various hobbies that enrich my life. Exploring the great outdoors, accompanied by my loyal companion Hugo the Cocker Spaniel, is a favorite pastime of mine. I also find joy in traveling, cycling, and immersing myself in music. Additionally
MS 365 Admin
Win Server '08 - '22
Bachelor Of Science in Computer Science
with First Class Honours
2018 - 2022
The University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
Winner of the prestigious ScotSoft YSE "Best Software Engineering Project" award for my final year project - A distributed off-grid environmental monitoring system, competed against the top undergraduate Computer Science projects from various universities across Scotland.
This nationwide competition recognizes outstanding achievements in the field of computer science and highlights the innovation and technical expertise demonstrated in my project. The project showcased my ability to conceptualize, develop, and implement complex integrated software-hardware solutions.
Being honored with this accolade is a testament to my dedication, hard work, and proficiency in software engineering. It serves as a testament to my skills and sets me apart as an exceptional candidate in the field.
2021 - Present
- Established this new venture following the design and launch of the Dales Cycles Workshop platform for scheduling and tracking repairs to provide software design services to various clients. 4oh4 affords experience otherwise difficult to obtain as an individual, and further exposes myself to the world of business.
- Secured new clients through business development and submitting proposals covering software services, infrastructure support, and technical support.
- Successfully launched the business and became profitable within 12 months through growth in revenue and managing a portfolio of clients.
3D Crowd UK, C.I.C.
West of Scotland Region, UK
I was a volunteer where I provided support for the 3D printing of face shields for frontline healthcare workers due to PPE shortages during the COVID-19 pandemic. I supported the production and delivery activities as well as monitoring production in line with internal processes and 3D printing technical requirements.
- Acted as a volunteer to provide support for 3D printing of face shields for frontline healthcare workers due to PPE shortages during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Worked with a UK-wide team of 8,000 and organised the production, assembly, packaging and distribution across Central and Western Scotland.
- Supported the production and delivery activities as well as monitoring production in line with internal processes and 3D printing technical requirements.
- Recognised with a 200 Hours Saltire Award for Volunteering during a critical time to provide free PPE to hospitals, GPs, pharmacies, care homes and homecare centres across Scotland.
- Project Management, Team Leader, Teamwork, Coordination, Logistics, Fundraising
2023 - Present
Lloyds Banking Group, Edinburgh, UK
As a Software Engineer within the Insurance Pensions and Investments division, I am actively involved in bringing new technologies and techniques into the team, driving innovation and improving our software development practices. This initiative not only enhances our productivity but also positions us at the forefront of technological advancements in the financial sector.
Software, Cloud, DevOps Engineer
2020 - 2023
Example1 Ltd, Edinburgh, UK (MSP)
I provide software development services and solutions across multiple financial services projects which involves liaising with clients, working with colleagues, and delivering systems to specification. I collate all client requirements to inform the end design and functional specifications for client projects from concept through to testing, roll out, and post go-live support. I also provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line technical support services for clients across on-prem and cloud infrastructure and software solutions covering Azure, AWS, and bare-metal virtualisation.
- Led the project for the development of an Order Management System for a London Based Security Broker including collating requirements, designing system specifications, and undertaking programming.
- Liaised with a Security Broker financial services client to ensure all features and functional specifications are identified, captured, and included in the end design of the Order Management System.
- Integrated Bloomberg API and external trade reporting requirements into the system in line with regulatory and functional specifications.
- Implemented automated batch processing and intra-day reporting for the system covering the end-to-end design, programming, and testing.
- Provided advisory services for various financial services-based clients while migrating from on-premises data centres to Azure and Cloud Solutions including for European and American Investment Funds.
- Deployed estate-wide enterprise monitoring across all infrastructure, targeting OS & Application-specific metrics.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- 3CX Advanced Certified Engineer
- Azure and AWS Cloud Experience.
- Financial Services, DevOps, Team Leader, Virtualisation (ESXi, KVM), MSSQL, SSRS, MySQL, Python, C#, .NET, RabbitMQ, Windows Server, Linux, Corporate Networks, Azure, VoIP Phone Systems. Hands-on experience in co-location Datacentres
Sales, Software Engineer
Dales Cycles Ltd, Glasgow, UK
I successfully designed and launched and online booking system which enabled customers to schedule and track their repairs and servicing for their bicycles online, at any time. I led the design and programming of the whole website which covered workflow management, interaction with back-office systems, customer management databases (CRM) and emails. This involved integrating the e-commerce and order management system with the existing POS system.
- Successfully designed and launched an online booking system which enabled customers to schedule and track their repairs and servicing for their bicycles online, at any time.
- Led the design and programming of the whole website covering workflow management, interaction with back-office systems, customer management databases (CRM) and emails.
- Integrated the e-commerce and order management system with the existing POS system and ensured careful management of customer information in line with obligations.
- Undertook extensive testing, process design, and training to ensure the system was successful upon launch for customers which increased mechanics capacity by 1-2 hours each day thereby increasing the volume of repairs.
- Utilised various tools and technology across Linux, Windows Server, MSSQL, MySQL, Python, PHP and JS to complete the platform and associated back-office integrations and workflow requirements.
- Supported day-to-day sales including advising customers on different bicycles, reviewing their needs, and ensuring they purchase the right product for them. Offer financing and technical advice.
- Providing exceptional customer service with extensive product knowledge, managing customer relations, B2B Relationships, Bike Servicing, E-Commerce and communicating with suppliers and industry partners.
- Responsible for design, maintenance and monitoring all aspects of IT infrastructure
- Teamwork, Project Management, Windows Server, Linux, MSSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Python, PHP